Frequently Asked Library Questions
How do I set up an account?
There are two ways to set up a library account.
- Set up your account online. To do this, click the search library catalog. Then, click on the "Sign in" tab in the top, right-hand corner of the page. Select "Register Now" and fill in your information. Members will receive a confirmation e-mail and can begin requesting books right away. Once an online account is approved by library staff, any requested items will be shipped within two business days.
- Call the library: 719-482-9821 or Email Library@money.org. You'll need to give your name, ANA number, address information as well as a credit card number to keep on file.
How do I find my books and other materials?
Search the online Library Catalog for materials you'd like, and send a request directly through on the online catalog, by e-mail or by calling the library.
- Members may borrow books, auction catalogs, slide sets, and video presentations through the mail.
- PowerPoint presentations can be viewed directly from the online catalog.
- Periodicals do not circulate but can be photocopied or scanned.
- For photocopying, scanning and other research, see our Research Services page.
- To look up specific magazine articles, please visit the Numismatic Index of Periodicals.
Can't find what you're looking for?
- Is the book you want checked out? Online catalog users can place a hold on the item by clicking the "Hold" button for the item. Otherwise, call or e-mail the library staff, and we'll put the book on hold for you. When it becomes available, we'll mail it to you.
- If you can't find what you're looking for in the catalog? Send an e-mail to email@example.com. Staff will search for the item. If the library doesn't have it, we will attempt to purchase it.
How do I order?
There are three ways to place an order.
- If you have an online account, you can click on the "Hold" or "Request item" buttons in the online catalog. This will place your order by sending an e-mail to library staff.
- E-mail a list of requested items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and ANA number to validate your request.
- Call the library at 719-482-9821.
How long can I keep my order?
Library materials are checked out to members for a six-week period. Your credit card will be charged the outgoing postage costs. Unless otherwise requested, materials will be mailed U.S. Postal Service library rate.
Can I keep it longer?
Yes. You can call or e-mail the library to renew your materials for up to six more weeks, as long as no one else had the items on hold.
How do I return my books?
It's simple: Reuse the box your books came in and attach the return mailing labels that came with your order. Take the package to your local post office to calculate return shipping costs.
Can I buy a book I've checked out from the library?
Libraries don't sell books from their collections. Please use the Dealer Directory to find dealers specializing in Numismatic literature. They can help you locate numismatic books available for purchase.