1) ANA Apparel. Think about it. What better way is there to promote the American Numismatic Association than to have thousands of people walking around with their shirt? I don't know of a better one. The ANA should sell their t-shirts online and the profit could go toward funding basic building bills, shipping items, more numismatic resources, and so much more. I think that most if not all the members would buy gear from the ANA. I know that I would.
2) Online Library. Sadly, many people don't live close enough to use the American Numismatic Association library on a regular basis. Members are spread out all over the country. As they have made it possible for books to be shipped, today's prices of mailing items are extremely pricey. An online library will be used by all members, regardless of location. Through the online library, books could be borrowed from planes, car trips, or on a regular day anywhere. It would let all Young Numismatics the chance to have a book to review for YN dollars too.
3) YN Dollars For Completing Activities. I think another thing that should be added to the large list of ways to earn Young Numismatic dollars, is dollars awarded for completing the Dollar Project, Early American Coin Project, Ancient Coin Project, or any similar programs later added. This way, there are more ways to earn dollars if you live farther away from American Numismatic Association headquarters, or another way to gain dollars if you live close by. Young Numismatics are always seeking new opportunities to gain more ANA dollars.
4) Advertisement For The Annual Auction. I know one very common question rookie YNs ask is what is the annual auction. I feel like more intel should be given, explaining the estimation on the number of lots, how it is run, how long of an auction, and more info on what goes on during the auction. The American Numismatic Association needs to better promote and encourage more and more YN to participate in the auction. This could help achieve the goal of having more and more participation in the annual auction as well as monthly auctions.
5) Electronic Coin Collection. Young Numismatics would all enjoy having the opportunity to create an online collection. At each level that a YN or any member passes, they should get points to buy virtual coins at a online coin store. Young Numismatics could get grading practice by buying an ungraded coin. They would then add each coin they get to their own, personal collection unique to them. This could be another thing to keep numismatics busy throughout the year. The coins used would not be real, just online pictures.
If you have any other great suggestions, created a similar blog, or agreed with any idea listed above, please comment below. More to come in the future.