Doubled die or slip?

Hi everybody,

I was recently looking at my 1878-CC Morgan dollar (I believe it's a VAM-2A) and noticed on the reverse some doubling. It's primarily on the word "dollar," mostly on the bottom of the two "L's" but also on the stars. I've tried to research this to see if there is a known doubled die for the 78-CC but I couldn't find anything.

Is this a doubled die or a die slip or something else? And how does this affect the value/collectability?


6 years ago

Looks more like a slip to me 

6 years ago

Have you tried researching it on vamworld? I would post it there just as you have here. Make sure to include the photo. Those guys should be able to help you. thanks!

6 years ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.