Login

NGC 1964 Kennedy half dollar

Hello guys! I bough this NGC PF68 half dollar! The issue is there's a lite rust on the edge, that thanks to the edge holder view I'm able to see it! The cuestion is: does it affect the value or grade of the coin? 

Thanks for commenting!! 

4 years ago

My opinion is that it will affect the value in the eyes of most collectors. The spot would concern me greatly if it was something new on the coin. I looked at the image on NGC and it is not visible in there photo. I would think that they would have tagged it with a details grade if it was there when it was graded. Supposedly once it is encapsulated something like that shouldn't occur.

4 years ago

Honestly I don't like! Not sure if I should keep it or just return it! Since it was an online deal I wasn't able to inspect the coin! 

4 years ago

Almost seems like an issue that can only get worse with time.  I would not hesitate to return it if that is your desire.  It would be proper and ethical for a person to accept it as a no hassle return given the circumstances. Just an opinion.  I'll bet it is a stunning coin otherwise, too bad.  

4 years ago

I don't like it at all. If the picture shows that it wasn't there right after it was encapsulated then it's new. That means it might spred. Call NGC and tell them then I would send it back telling them the holder is either not on right or theres  a whole somewhere. And insist your not paying for it. If they show you a picture of it there before incapacitation there's nothing you can do but have it cleaned and then put back. Don't give up. I had a major problem with them. If your 100% sure it wasn't there then fight for your rights! Mike

4 years ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.