Login

2015 Austria €25.00: Nobium and silver

Over the years I have whittled down my buying of NCLT:  The only NCLT issue I buy now is the Austrian 25 Euro coins.    Last year they anodized the niobium so to produce two colours...they did the same this year. 

8 years ago

That's awesome! I just did a blog post concerning niobium coins:

http://coincollecting4kids.blogspot.com/

8 years ago

Interesting kids blog.  Its funny the Vienna mint and the Canadian mint seem to have had an on going competition.   First it was going for the worlds largest gold coin( Canada took that one out in the end).  Vienna started the bi metallic coins( niobium and Silver and then canada followed suit.   I think the competition is good because it brings  out the best in both mints.    Niobium hass a lot of uses  in the aircraft industry its used to produce super strong alloys( Propellor and impeller blades amongst a couple)  used in glass it produces extremely good optics.  

8 years ago

Ian - Do you think that you could smuggle one of those little blue gems in your baggage when you came to the summer seminar I want to see it. If I get to fondle it you may not get it back!!

7 years ago

The coin is amazing!!!!!!

7 years ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.