ANA Announces 18 Candidates for Nine Openings On 2007-09 Board of Governors
Eighteen members of the American Numismatic Association have accepted their nominations for positions on the 2007-2009 ANA Board of Governors.
The Board consists of a president, vice president and seven governors. All serve two-year terms, and all are elected by the ANA membership on an at-large basis. Candidates were required to receive a minimum of five club and five individual nominations. Nominations closed on March 31 and candidates had until April 7 to accept or decline their nomination.
Barry S. Stuppler of Woodland Hills, CA and Patricia Jagger-Finner of Iola, WI are running unopposed for the offices of president and vice-president.
ANA Governor Brian E. Fanton of Hiawatha, IA, has resigned from the Board to attend to family matters, and has elected not to accept his nomination for office.
Candidates for governor are (listed alphabetically):
- • Joseph E. Boling of Indianapolis, IN
- • M. Remy Bourne of Vadnais Heights, MN
- • Donald H. Dool of Crystal Lake, IL
- • Michael B. Doran of Greenup, IL
- • John R. Eshbach of Smoketown, PA
- • Arthur M. Fitts III of Framingham, MA
- • Alan Herbert of Belle Fourche, SD
- • Donald H. Kagin of Tiburon, CA
- • Chester L. Krause of Iola, WI
- • Clifford Mishler of Iola, WI
- • Walter A. Ostromecki of Panorama City, CA
- • Edward C. Rochette of Colorado Springs, CO
- • Carl Schwenker III of Houston, TX
- • Radford Stearns of Stone Mountain, GA
- • Anthony A. Tumonis of Tucson, AZ
- • Wendell A. Wolka of Greenwood, IN
Election ballots, as well as a photograph and a biography/platform supplied by each candidate, will be sent by the independent auditing firm of BiggsKofford, P.C., to eligible voting ANA members. Mailed in late May, the envelope will indicate that a ballot is enclosed.
Candidate photographs and biographies/platforms also will be published in the June issue of the ANA’s Numismatist magazine. Ballots must be returned to the auditing firm by July 19. Election results will be announced on or before July 29, and the new Board of Governors will be sworn in at the ANA’s World’s Fair of Money convention banquet in Milwaukee on August 11.
Originally Release Date: April 9, 2007
ANA Contacts: Phone: 719-482-9864