Dwight N. Manley Numismatic Library
The ANA's Dwight N. Manley Library is open for lending, copying, and research services. The library is also open for in-person services during museum hours Tuesday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please contact us to confirm our schedule by phone at (719) 482-9859 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANA members can access the world's largest numismatic lending library and its more than 128,000 books, auction catalogs, periodicals and DVDs online at money.org. The library features resources and materials on subjects including but not limited to coins, paper money, tokens, medals, military orders and decorations, and stocks and bonds.
How do I set up an account?
There are two ways to set up a library account.
- Set up your account online. To accomplish this, click the “Library Catalog” link in the “Library” menu at the top of this page, or click the “CLICK HERE TO SIGN IN” button above this menu.
- Call the library at (719) 482-9859. You may also send an email request to email@example.com. You’ll need to provide your full name, ANA membership number, email address, preferred shipping address, and phone contact information.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to register in the ANA Library catalog, please watch the video below.
How do I place a request?
There are three ways to place a request for materials.
- Directly from the online catalog. Click on the “Add to shopping cart” or “Hold” buttons in the item listing, or check the box next to the listing and then click on the “Add to cart” button at the top of the search listings. This action will automatically place a checkout request via email to the library.
- Email a list of requested items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, author, and full call number of the requested items. Also, include your name and ANA membership number so we can verify your request.
- Call the library at (719) 482-9859. Please have your ANA membership number available.
How do I find books and other materials to checkout?
- Search the online library catalog for available materials and check them out with a request directly through the online catalog system.
- You can also request materials by email or phone.
- Books, auction catalogs and DVD presentations can be can be checked out and will be shipped via USPS media mail.
- PowerPoint presentations can be viewed directly from the online catalog.
- Portions of periodicals can be photocopied or scanned, but not checked out. (For details, including the prices for photocopying, scanning and other research requests, please see the Research Services page.)
- For step-by-step instructions on how to search for and check out items from the ANA Library catalog, please watch the video below.
Can't find the item you're looking for?
If you are having difficulty finding what you are looking for, please email the library at email@example.com or call the library at (719) 482-9859 and a library staff member will assist you.
How long can I keep my checked out items?
Library materials are checked out to members for a eight-week period. Your can call or email the library to renew items for another eight week period (as long as no other member has submitted a hold on the item/items).
How do I return my items?
Simply repackage the items (reuse the original box if it is serviceable), and attach the new return mailing label that was provided with your shipment and bring it to your post office – make sure to insure the items for the amount indicated on the enclosed envelope. Please include payment for shipping and insurance from the ANA library in the form of cash or check in the enclosed envelope. If payment by credit card is preferred, please fill out the credit card information form included with your order.
Can I purchase an item I have checked out from the library?
Library materials are not for sale, with the exception of our annual book sale that is held during the ANA's premier educational event "Summer Seminar." Deaccessioned, surplus and specially donated materials are available at the annual book sale. You MUST be present to purchase items.