Renewal, late and overdue procedures
The renewal process is as follows:
1. Library checkouts may be renewed for an additional six week period, a second renewal for six weeks may be granted by contacting the Library Manager at 719-482-9821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Renewals can only be made for items not on hold.
2. Requests for renewals should be received before the original due date.
3. All library returns should be postmarked by the due date.
4. Library returns that are received uninsured by the carrier or not insured as indicated on the postal insurance form, will result in a warning being issued. A second failure to insure will result in a loss of borrowing privileges for one year from original due date.
5. Library returns received without outgoing postage and insurance fees enclosed will be sent an invoice for postage/insurance due.
6. Library patrons are responsible for knowing when their materials are due regardless if a notice was sent.
The late and overdue process is as follows:
1. If materials are not returned or renewed by 7 days after the original due date a first reminder notice will be sent via email or USPS. A $0.50 per day for all library materials ($25.00 maximum fine for each item) will be assessed.
2. If items are returned after the 7 day grace period, patrons can be assessed the full amount of fees from the original due date.
3. If materials are not returned or renewed, a second notice will be sent via email or USPS approximately 30 days after the first notice was mailed. An updated invoice will be included using the fee structure of $0.50 per day for all library materials ($25.00 maximum fine for each item.)
4. If materials have not been returned after an additional 30 days, a third notice will be sent USPS Certified Mail, with return receipt. This notice will consist of a letter listing the overdue items; an invoice detailing the monetary charges owed to the ANA, if all outstanding materials and fees are not returned and paid within the stated 30 day time period, charges will include:
a. The fair market replacement cost of each item.
b. Overdue fees per item ($25.00 per item)
c. Reimbursement for outgoing postage and insurance fees (if applicable)
d. Permanent loss of borrowing privileges
e. A warning of possible expulsion from the American Numismatic Association
5. If materials are returned in good condition after the third letter is received, the patron’s account will be credited the fair market value of each item. However, the patron will still be liable for applicable overdue fees per item and the original outgoing postage and insurance fees. The patron will retain their borrowing privileges.
6. If all materials are not returned or any pending charges are not paid, for any reason, the patron will be turned over to ANA Mediation: [per ANA By-Laws Article III, Section 4].