The Late and Overdue Policy:
1. Library orders may be extended for one additional six week period for free, and a second time for a $5.00 flat fee for 1-6 items with the total borrowing period not to exceed 18 weeks.
Renewals may only be made for items not on hold.
2. Requests for extensions must be received within one week of the original due date
3. All library returns not postmarked by the due date will be assessed a $25.00 fine.
4. Library returns that are received uninsured by the carrier or not insured as indicated on the postal insurance form will be assessed a $25.00 fine, in addition to any other fines incurred.
a. A second failure to insure will result in a loss of borrowing privileges for one year from original due date.
5. Library returns received without outgoing postage and insurance fees enclosed will be assessed
a $10.00 fine in addition to the postage and insurance.
6. Library patrons are responsible for knowing when their materials are due regardless if a notice was sent.
The overdue process will be as follows:
A. If materials are not returned or extended within 7 days after the original due date a first reminder note will be sent via email or USPS. A $0.50 per day for books & catalogs and $0.25 per day for media ($45.00 book and catalog/$25.00 media maximum fine for each item) will be assessed.
a. If items are returned after the 7 day grace period, patrons will be assessed the full amount of fees from the original due date
B. If materials are not returned or extended, a second notice will be sent via USPS approximately 30 days after the first notice was mailed. An updated invoice will be included using the fee structure of $0.50 per day for books & catalogs and $0.25 per day for media ($45.00 book and catalog/$25.00 media maximum fine for each item.)
C. If materials have not been returned after an additional 30 days, a third notice will be sent USPS
Certified Mail, with return receipt. This notice will consist of a letter listing the overdue items; an invoice detailing the monetary charges owed to the ANA, if all outstanding materials and fees are not returned and paid within the stated 30 day time period, charges will include:
i. The fair market replacement cost of each item
ii. Overdue fees per item ($45.00 per book and auction catalog, $25.00 per media item)
iii. Reimbursement for outgoing postage and insurance fees (if applicable)
iv. Permanent loss of borrowing privileges
v. A warning of possible expulsion from the American Numismatic Association
D. If materials are returned in good condition after the third letter is received, the patron’s account will be credited the fair market value of each item. However, the patron will still be liable for applicable overdue fees per item and the original outgoing postage and insurance fees. The patron will retain their borrowing privileges.E. If all materials are not returned or any pending charges are not paid, for any reason, the patron will be turned over to ANA Mediation and will be suspended by the Executive Director.
a. If items and fees are not settled after suspension, patron will be considered for expulsion by the ANA Governing Board.
F. If determined by the ANA Governing Board, the patron will be expelled from the American Numismatic Association and the account will be turned over to a third-party credit agency for collection.