Come down to the Money Museum Apr. 25 for the National Coin Week open house. The Mint-Mint will be producing special medalettes for the occassion!
The Money Museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Events at the Saturday open house will include:
- Free admission to all Money Museum exhibits, including the Harry W. Bass Jr. Gallery, featuring some of the rarest United States gold coins ever struck; the History of Money exhibit, which chronicles the vast history of money used throughout the globe; and “Treasures of the Deep,” which tells a story of the world’s greatest shipwrecks, the treasures they carried and the efforts to preserve them.
- Mini-Mint demonstrations every 30 minutes starting at 10:30 a.m. All attendees will receive a freshly-minted National Coin Week medalette.
- Dig for Buried Treasure, where one lucky child will discover a gold coin.
- The Prize Wheel, where every child will spin to win a prize.
- A raffle drawing to win 30 seconds in the Cash Cube, where the winner gets to keep all the cash they can grab.
- Hobo Nickel Carving demonstrations with Adam Leech, numismatic filmmaker and owner of The Leechpit