Login

Irving (Dallas/Ft. Worth) March 8-10, 2018

I will be there to present "From Texas to the Moon with John Leonard Riddell" based on my April 2014 article for The Numismatist. Riddell was chief melter at the New Orleans Mint, but he was also the first working scientist to publish a science fiction story.  He carried out two surveys of Texas, one of them looking for the lost "San Saba Mine" of Jim Bowie. 

Also, I am looking forward to judging the exhibits. 

10 months ago

I had a great time, better than I expected. I only went to deliver my presentation, "From Texas to the Moon with John Leonard Riddell." (See here.) I also judged exhibits, devoting most of my focus at the convention to that. 

I also was able to find some Military Payment Certificates and an example of a coin that appears 3-dimensional when viewed obliquely.  

9 months ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.