Login

PAN Kid Zone, 05/11/19, Be There, Monroeville PA, Just Outside Pittsburgh

The Spring Pennsylvania Association of Numismatists show is less than 3 weeks from now.  I will be helping out at the Kid Zone all day, Saturday, May 11th.   Some of the highlights are:
1030 to 1600 - YNs, 17 or younger, are provided with thousands of Wheatie Cents to go through to fill their Cent albums.  This is a FREE
1330-1400 - Register for the youth auction and get free foreign coins and 10 auction dollars, bring a friend, get 5 more auction dollars, wear your PAN T-shirt and get 3 more auction dollars
1415-1445  - Historical Presentation by Robert Stakely from the Heinz History Center.
1445-1510 - Fifty Lot Auction for all YNs using their free auction Dollars.  

FUN FUN FUN

6 months ago

You know you lead.the way with the kids and helping out. That's what makes a show. Without guys like you there is no show. Congratulations and thanks believe me the people.appreciate it.

6 months ago

If PAN needs me as an exhibit judge, I’ll step up. I’m already getting the hard press to go from some fellow Harrisburg Coin Club members. I have been saving funds since the Pittsburgh ANA show to buy my elements of my late November trip to Great Britain. One flight is paid now, as are about half the hotel nights. The train pass and my flight back are still pending.

6 months ago

Contact Tom Corey, he is in charge of exhibitions and would know if help is needed for judging. 

6 months ago

Done, several weeks ago, at the ANA show. No answers yet from Tom.

6 months ago

I think Corey is more worried about having exhibits than having judges for those exhibits right now.

6 months ago

Yup, judging from the mailing Tom sent out, that would be my guess as well. The PAN show last autumn had no one exhibiting in US. coins, my area of certification. Baltimore Whitman was quite lean on exhibits, too. The entire exhibiting portion of the hobby is having its own internal squabbles right now. It may be depressing participation. Serious numismatists are a very opinionated lot, and they tend to hold firm opinions until death, it sometimes seems.

As much as I'd love to be in Monroeville, being there while under a temporary budgetary squeeze might cause more angst than joy. Also, that Thursday and Friday are legislative days, and that presents issues.

6 months ago

Thanks to all who help the kids!!

6 months ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.