Login

ANA, 2020 Lost opportunities

I have spoken to many who have been a member for years and one fact jumps out at me, at a time that the ANA is loudly proclaiming "Woe is Me", they are wasting a prime opportunity to raise some badly need funds.  I sign on to the sight and I see a section about Christmas Gifts and they are all bogus.  Now would be a wonderful time to offer to members, ANA coffee mugs, T-Shirts, wooden nickels, the possibilities go on and on.With some design humor, many of these gifts could be a gift and a release at the same time.  Who wouldn't see the humor in a mug with a smart aleck comment on 2020, the year that wasn't!Instead of complaining, and doing nothing, put those great minds at the ANA to work and you could see an increase in revenue from a long unused source.  Reopen an e-gift shop and have serious and humorous items for sale.  Not expensive items or even books that goodness knows many of us need.  Just a reasonable selection of items designed to get our minds off our troubles, laugh and celebrate an organization we all are members of.  Well, just an idea, as my Grandfather would have said "Nuff Said".

10 days ago

They had a store a few years ago. Now is not the time. The Virus has hit them hard. Those who are so generous are feeling it to. I think the members should reach into there pockets and make a donation. We use this site basically for nothing. All the people working are working to keep the ANA going. It doesn't have to be hundreds. What ever you can do. Every cent counts. We have problems they fix it. The Virus has hit them hard. Remember the ANA this season. If these vaccines work it will take awhile before we actually get it. That could affect allot of shows in the first few months of next year.. So I'm asking give what you can. A dollar from the yns. What ever. The older members as much as you can. That's all. Not thousands maybe a hundred maybe more. It's up to you. Let's keep the ANA going. Be well be good be safe!

10 days ago

While the thoughts of how COVID have entered my mind over the past year, I had not really questioned ways for them to stay financially solvent. Those are some great ideas, and as Mike commented, I myself have never seen a store link. Which is quite odd and disheartening. What I have seen tends to lean heavily towards Whitman Publishing in the form of books, coin folders and the like. To be certain, Whitman contributes heavily to the ANA- not only in fees- yet they retain nearly all of the sales generated. And so the question remains, why does the ANA not have one of their own? With it's own "Store" or "Shop" link in the orange header bar? Finally, they use to offer ANA member tokens. Bring those back as well, at say $50.00. I would by one every year. Great post, my friend. 

10 days ago

I'm sorry everyone but I am so tired of hearing that it's because of covid that we can't do this or that. Before the plague it was " our computer are down". Well the ANA has never had a store. Years before covid they had no store. Unless of course you feel like going to their headquarters in Colorado Springs, which is very nice. Get with Cafe Press and sell some merch..

10 days ago

All of my merchandising suggestions could be done electronically, only involve minimal personnel, this could be done even during this financial hard time. I would volunteer time to the ANA to help if accepted.  Just a suggestion, observation, not really a complaint.

9 days ago

I agree. A couple of people, maybe those laid off or furloughed. At home with a stack of merchandise. Just like eBay. What is the problem. I'll do it with Stumpy.

8 days ago

I like the idea of a store. Really, it makes even more sense with us having to deal with the virus. Life is about changing and adapting, not rolling up in a  ball. Another thing is they ought to reopen the lending library. All those books sitting there. It wouldn't take a major risk to staff enough people lend out books in the mail. That could be easily set up as a profit maker. If all our mistrusted leaders can go about their lives like normal while they order us to lock down, we should be able to get on with life wearing a mask and hand sanitizer.

8 days ago

If someone ordered ANA patches in bulk and sold them on ebay I would totally get one

8 days ago

I agree with you, however I believe that COVID has hit the ANA especially hard, and looking at their budget (As BigNubNumismatics pointed out to me) it becomes clear that even before the virus, they were set up to lose multi-million dollars.  With the virus on top of that, I only hope they dont go bankrupt.

8 days ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.