Login

1960 D/D?

I recently joined CONECA, and received an unidentified error penny in the mail.  I just bought a scope the other day, and gave it a look.  I suspect that it is a D/D, but I am not sure, seeing as how I almost never study errors.  I would like your opinions.  

1 month ago

Looks to me like the 1960 obverse DD. The 6 and the 0 if you look close. There were many with the 1960*s good for you. But I'm not always right. Others will know better. But thats what it looks like

1 month ago

well it does look like the 6 is doubled and maybe the 0 but I don't know about the rest. but that is a cool coin maybe you should get it sent off to NGC or PCGS and see if they find anything.

1 month ago

here is a picture from USA coin book of a 1960 DDO

1 month ago

What you have seems to look like one, but errors and varieties I am a novice about

1 month ago

I have some similar coins, but I'm not sure either.

1 month ago

I have a couple 1961 D over horizontal D Lincoln cents. I should join Coneca. Don't know about yours. 

1 month ago

Looks like shelf doubling, I zoomed in and saw some extra stamps on the date, we would need to see a more full picture of the coin to tell, hard to know from the date alone.

1 month ago

Yes, I agree.  Later today I will try and get a more complete photo.  Thanks!

1 month ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.