Sponsors Show Their Support For ANA World’s Fair of Money
Twenty-four sponsors contributed a record $120,000 to support the American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money® August 16-19 in Denver, and three sponsors have contributed $7,500 to ANA Member Appreciation Day on Aug. 20 in Colorado Springs.
“We are thrilled with the record support for this show,” said ANA Meeting Services Director Brenda Bishop. ”The value of sponsor support strengthens the ANA mission to educate people through a wide variety of convention programming. On behalf of our membership, I wish to express our appreciation for our sponsors.”
Heritage Auction Galleries, contributed a total of $27,000, including $10,000 as a title sponsor, $3,000 each for the ANA Awards Banquet, YN Breakfast and Auction, Numismatic Theatre and Exhibit Area, and $5,000 for Member Appreciation Day.
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), the ANA’s official grading service, Rare Coin Wholesalers, Anthony Terranova, Inc.; each contributed $10,000 as the show’s title sponsors. Collateral Finance Corporation and Teletrade Coin Auctions each donated $10,000 as Mint Promenade sponsors. The $10,000 sponsors will have their name imprinted on bags given to all of the show’s projected 12,000 visitors, and on the welcome banner either at the entrance of the bourse or in the Mint Promenade. As title sponsors, they also receive free convention program advertising, branding messages on a 50-inch plasma screen TV; a recognition banner on the ANA website at www.money.org, and on bourse isle signage, plus sponsor ribbons for their staff, among other benefits.
The 18 prime sponsors each donated $1,000 or more and will be recognized on the entry and bourse-table signage, staff ribbons and convention program advertising, among other benefits. Prime Sponsors are:
- • Superior Galleries, $7,500, Registration Drawing;
- • National Gold Exchange, $7,000, YN Treasure Trivia Game, signs and Member
- Appreciation Day bus;
- • Spectrum Numismatics, $5,000, exhibitor and judges banquet tickets;
- • Hallenbeck Coin Gallery, $5,000, Join a Local Coin Club Hospitality Area;
- • American Numismatic Rarities (ANR), $3,000, YN Auction Catalog;
- • C.E. Bullowa, $3,000, Hospitality Center;
- • US Coins Inc., $2,500, Message Center;
- • Jonathan Lerner, Scarsdale Coin, $2,500, 1891 Alliance room;
- • J.J. Teaparty, $2,000, Scout Workshop and marketing;
- • Tom Cederlind Ancient Coins, $2,000, 1891 Alliance Reception;
- • Pinnacle Rarities, $2,000, Allison Frankel Book Signing;
- • Numismatic Emporium, $2,000, Coin Collecting Basics;
- • Angel Dee’s Coins and Collectibles, $2,000, meeting rooms;
- • Fred Weinberg & Co., $1,000, Press Room;
- • American Heritage Minting Inc., $1,000, Meeting Place;
- • Kevin Lipton Rare Coins, $1,000 Scout Workshop;
- • Main Line Coin, $1,000, Floor pages;
- • Wafflecoins.com, $1,000 Member Appreciation Day quarter folders.
In addition, the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News are media sponsors for the event, and have contributed matching in-kind advertising for the show in exchange for a booth, banner and plasma screen TV promotion, and other considerations.
The American Numismatic Association is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating and encouraging people to study and collect money and related items. With nearly 33,000 members, the Association serves the collecting and academic communities and the general public with an interest in numismatics. The ANA helps people discover and explore the world of money through its vast array of programs including its education and outreach, museum, library, publications, conventions and seminars.
For more information, visit www.money.org, or call 719-632-COIN.
Originally Release Date: July 14, 2006
ANA Contacts: Phone: 719-482-9864