Consumer Awareness Resources (C.A.R.E.)
The ANA’s C.A.R.E. program was established to help make the industry safe for collectors and investors. We achieve this goal by arming both members and non-members with knowledge through our many educational resources, fraud alerts and awareness outreach projects and by serving as an advocate to the public through our loss alert/reward program, mediation services and partnerships with local, national and federal law enforcement agencies.
An educated numismatic community is the best defense against fraud; we encourage everyone who loves the hobby to take the time to increase their awareness.
CFTC Issues Precious Metals Fraud Advisory
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission has issued a Precious Metals Fraud Advisory alerting customers to precious metals fraud. Follow the link below for further details and resources to help you identify precious metals scams.
“Alert” Theft — 2023 World’s Fair of Money®
THEFT ALERT: During setup for the World’s Fair of Money on August 15, 2022, a dealer’s display case of Rolex watches and coins were stolen.
Persons having any information about the theft or items on the list of stolen items should contact the Detective Division of the Rosemont (Illinois) Police Dept at 847-344-2359 or Doug Davis at the Numismatic Crime Information Center at Doug@numismaticcrimes.org / 817-723-7231.
More Useful Links
All links are to external resources and websites, they will open in a separate window.
- Numismatic Crime Information Center
- Bureau of Consumer Protection
- State Consumer Protection Offices
- United States Department of Justice Attorneys
- Federal Trade Commission
- Consumer Federation of America
- Industry Council for Tangible Assets (ICTA)
- Better Business Bureau Online
- Consumer Sentinel Network
- FTC – Investing in Bullion and Bullion Coins
- FTC – Selling on the Internet: Prompt Delivery Rules
- National Association of Attorneys General
- PNG – Professional Numismatist Guild
- The United States Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- The United States Mint
- Anti-Counterfeiting Educational Foundation
- File an Internet Crime Complaint with IC3